What To Do in High School
How can I prepare in high school?
If you want to be an actuary, start preparing now!
Guidance for High School Students
- Follow a college preparatory curriculum of high school classes.
- Take math classes every year.
- Take advantage of Advanced Placement (AP) and advanced courses such as statistics and calculus.
- Enroll in computer science courses to develop your computer skills.
What Else Should I Do?
- Participate in extracurricular activities that will give you a chance to work as part of a team on a project or stand out as a leader.
- Attend career fairs for the actuarial profession.
- Consider attending an actuarial summer program.
- Explore colleges and universities that offer actuarial science curriculum.
- Sign up for a free Fundamentals of Actuarial Practice (FAP) trial account with the Society of Actuaries e-Learning System.
- Explore the scholarships that are available to help you achieve your goals.