The International Association of Black Actuaries (IABA) has scholarships available!
The IABA Scholarship Program provides scholarships at the undergraduate and graduate level for black students who are interested in pursuing actuarial careers.
In 2017, IABA awarded $93,000 to 28 students.
Details are as follows:
- Available to students of African descent originating from the United States, Canada, the Caribbean and African nations interested in pursuing actuarial careers;
- Available to high school seniors all the way up to PHD students;
- IABA typically awards amounts ranging from $3,000 - $5,000/year towards educational expenses including tuition, books, housing, research, etc.
The benefits of becoming a scholarship recipient are not limited to educational expenses. In addition to the scholarship, award recipients also receive the following:
- Internship and entry-level opportunities;
- A paid trip to IABA's Annual Meeting;
- A one-time stipend for passing actuarial exams during the scholarship period (depending on available funds and academic performance).
Application materials for this year are available online only at http://www.blackactuaries.org/page/ScholarshipApplicat.
Eligibility info: http://www.blackactuaries.org/page/Eligibility
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2018-2019 academic year is March 31, 2018.
If you have any questions, please contact IABA's Executive Director, Kate Weaver, at firstname.lastname@example.org.